Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another contest to get your competetive juices churning!

In retrospect, my last contest was a bit too easy (taking nothing away from Bonnie's insightful solution to the conondrum). So this one will be a bit harder, requiring more thought and, mostly, creative activity than the last. Here goes - pay attention to the rules and remember that other active minds are, at this moment, conniving ways to win and deprive you of the valuable prize....

Sure, I've gotten hits from Portugal and, even weirder, Kansas, but my blogscope is severely limited it seems, being clustered mostly about 45 North latitude. This must expand, if my wit and prose are to receive the international acclaim that they merit. So, today's secret word is "Uruguay". I want a bloghit from Uruguay! I don't want to start an internet stampede in Uruguay, so (and here's Rule #1) NO ONE FROM URUGUAY IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE - this contest is limited to my friends and relatives residing in the US or its territories. I can hear the Southern Hemisphere groans up here in Idaho! The winner will be the person (outside of Uruguay, as specified above) that persuaded the now-enlightened Uruguayan to look at my blog and document his (temporary) interest in this blog with a blog comment naming the "Qualifying Person" who got him to peek and comment (Yep, that's Rule #2). I am adding a Rule #3, which I refer to as the "Jeff Rule": The blog comment must be believeable, not written in phony Uruguayan dialect and claiming to be from from a displaced Uruguayan residing temporarily outside Uruguay, like, for instance, in Glenview, IL.

I will be the sole judge of what constitutes a believeable comment and exactly who qualifies as a "friend or relative" (but I'm not very discriminating about either category).

The prize is an autographed 8x10 copy of my favorite bird photo - a Wandering Tattler inspecting a tide pool at Punalu'u beach - attractively matted and framed in fine claro walnut. If the prize can be hand delivered, I'll toss in mounting in the frame with non-glare glass. If it must be shipped, the winner buys the glass and does (or buys) the assembly.

OK, get crackin' - the clock's ticking.

Chuck

2 comments:

J.Mohr said...

Is Paraguay legitimate?

Chuck said...

To the best of my knowledge, Paraguay is legitimate. Unfortunately, it is not Uruguay.